Saturday, September 30, 2017

Vegetables That Are Easy to Grow... In My Opinion


Yes, like what the title says, it is my own opinion. Also these are the vegetables that are easy to grow in the Philippines were I experienced planting those veggies. 😊
Philippines only have the summer/dry and the rainy/wet seasons.
I would not say that I have a green thumb cause I am not, as I have experienced various gardening failures. Through those trial and errors, and previous experiences, I could mention some vegetables that are not that hard to grow, even you do not consider yourself to have that green thumb. Having a green thumb means that you have a natural ability or talent to grow plants.
Below are some vegetable plants that are really easy to grow.
  • Vine/Malabar Spinach or Alugbati
alugbati.jpg

Photo source
First on my list cause I remembered planting this during my childhood. Whenever we bought alugbati and already removed the leaves, I will immediately plant the stems in our vacant lot. Without much care or attention, it will start to grow leaves and later you can start harvesting some of the leaves without the need to cut the stems.
  • Onion
onion.jpg
An aged onion will start growing leaves and roots even it was not yet planted on the soil. Those who have left their onions unused for a long time for sure have experienced this. When it is starting to grow, you just need to plant it where it can grow and multiply.
  • Bitter gourd
bitter gourd.jpg

Photo source
I remember that the seeds were washed first to get rid of the mucilage before it was planted. It should be planted where it can get enough sunlight and water it enough frequently to keep the soil moist. Even it is not yet bearing flowers/fruits, you can already use the leaves in cooking various dishes such as in sauteed mongo seeds.
  • Squash
squash.jpg
Right now, we have a squash plant and it is continuously growing. We just tossed some seeds on the vacant lot and some seeds were buried a bit deep. It started growing without much care. When it started to produce some flowers, we can utilize it already. Squash flowers are edible and can be an ingredient for various dishes.
These vegetables will be on my list for now and will be trying to grow some other veggies for the days to come. 😊

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me