Saturday, September 30, 2017

Gardening Scenes #2: Planting Tomato Seeds in A Pot 😊

Living in the city, number one hindrance of having your own "food" garden is the limited space. Aside from being lazy to do gardening or being too busy of life in general as there are lots of things we can get busy with in the city. 😊
It is still possible to at least have one or two veggies growing in your own household. Most of the city dwellers were pot planting to save space and also because most spaces were already cemented.
I bought pots and soil to fulfill some in my homesteading bucket list last week. The pots were medium sized and made of plastic. I only bought 2 pots and just used one.
PhotoGrid_1506390161075.jpg
I put some more holes at the bottom of the pot since it only has one hole, to make sure that the water will not be just stagnant in the pot. I did it with a use of a knife which was easy cause it was a plastic pot.
PhotoGrid_1506389949438.jpg
The soil I bought already have natural fertilizer and looking at it, I think the fertilizer mixed with the soil was husks of rice. Which is really good since it is all natural and for sure being used by farmers in fertilizing their crops.
PhotoGrid_1506390124719.jpg
PhotoGrid_1506389725912.jpg
We have some seeds just stocked somewhere in the house. We have not planted it yet because we have been busy renovating or fixing the house and life in general. There were also some debris and/or construction materials around our place that we have not yet properly disposed such as the old broken stand where our aloe vera were currently placed featured in my previous post Here.
The seeds below were almost more than a year old already, glad we have not lost these yet. 😊
PhotoGrid_1506390202884.jpg
Talong is Eggplant in English while Kamatis is Tomato. I decided to plant some of those tomato seeds yesterday.
PhotoGrid_1506390245874.jpg
I planned to just plant those dried seeds but I saw a frozen tomato in the refrigerator. So, I decided to get the fresh seeds from it and also planted those in the same pot. It is to see if which type of seeds will grow first or will grow or not grow. It is my first time to plant using dried commercialized seeds as I usually planted some veggies from the fresh ones we bought before.
PhotoGrid_1506390019398.jpg
I place a masking tape marker on the side where dried seeds were planted for my reference. So just like in the photo, the dried seeds were planted at the bottom and the fresh seeds on the upper part of the pot.
PhotoGrid_1506389288045.jpg
PhotoGrid_1506390307707.jpg
Then I place the pot outside where our aloe vera were placed too, so that it could have enough sunlight to make it start growing. Hoping it will grow and be able to provide us the tomatoes we need in the household. 😊
PhotoGrid_1506389682712.jpg
All photos were taken using my mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me