Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Gardening Scenes #6: Planting Eggplant and Updates

I decided to plant some of our eggplant (Talong is the Filipino term) seeds among the other dried seeds we currently have. It is because I have read on some posts here that it can really grow on a pot and seems not that hard to maintain.
PhotoGrid_1507531937134.jpg

Eggplants are said to be rich with various vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, vitamin K, niacin vitamin B6, thiamine, magnesium, phosphorous, dietary fiber, potassium , folic acid and manganese. You can also use this vegetable in various dishes. Even just frying or steaming it is already delicious with condiments.
  • I first prepare the pot and the soil. I bought the soil and the natural fertilizer which is rice husks is already mixed with the soil.
PhotoGrid_1507531956575.jpg
  • I added more hole at the bottom of the pot to avoid the water to be stagnant on it. I just used knife on adding holes and it was easy cause it was a plastic pot.
PhotoGrid_1507531979368.jpg
  • Then I place the soil in the pot and dig a hole which is not too deep. Then put the dried eggplant seeds on it then covered it with soil.
PhotoGrid_1507531898633.jpg
  • I placed the pot outside besides the pot I have for the tomato seedlings. The tomato seedling are just keep growing each day and I hope will be able to survive and bear fruits.
PhotoGrid_1507531828488.jpg
I also planted some dried sunflower seeds two days ago and when I checked it earlier, it is starting to grow. I could see the seedlings. I just planted it in the same pot of the tomato seedlings.
PhotoGrid_1507531877495.jpg
I have also seen new leaves growing in the aloe vera part that I needed to cut and then planted as well because it was overgrown.
PhotoGrid_1507531853882.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me